Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

sexual harassment

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 sexual harassment on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Arresto Menor
more power to the people behind the website.

the reason why i opened an account to this website was because of an alarming complain my friend kept on telling me. she is 25, undeniably charming, gets so much attention from male co workers. she told me she has a close male friend, and her boss, also the owner of the company, is jealous of him and kept on insisting that they have a relationship. but according to my friend it was just plain friendship and more than that. and even if they have a relationship it's no longer the boss' business, right. so this made me think he likes my friend. her boss is married and and the wife works in the same company. when the wife wasn't there, he, the boss would make comments like, (talking to the ladies)... " bkit kau ang liliit, tingnan nyo si... lahat sa kanya malaki". he touches her behind and would make comments like "ang tambok". he touches my friend's legs as well. my friend heads that branch of the
company and she does many things so she told her colleagues not to leave her alone when the male boss is there. and she said she makes
everybody hear when the boss is making advances. what shocked me the most was, the boss' insistence on going with her to cebu for an
audit, my friend refused to go if he will go with her, this is after receiving
the message on the 24th of december, saying "kung gusto mo magkababy, ako na lang daddy". my shocked, she deleted
the message immediately.

please advise, i told her to file a complain. if i am right, it should go to the hr first, but the person who is supposed to be protecting her is the one using his power to make advances. what can we do, i really need to hear from u, i am working abroad and all i can do is listen to hear on the phone. please help us.

god bless us all.

View user profile

2 Re: sexual harassment on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:19 pm

deleting that message was a major mistake, but that's done.

i would first list down all the incidents, and try to document what evidence you have to prove each incident aside from her own word.

she has several options depending on what she wants to happen. if she wants to keep working there, she should write a courteous letter either to more senior management, or if there is none, to the boss and list down all the incidents, and request that he stops the unwanted attention.

she can also file a criminal case, or a case at nlrc for constructive dismissal based on hostile environment.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: sexual harassment on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:53 am

Arresto Menor
salamat po atty. i told her everything u told me. mabuhay po kau. God bless u po.

View user profile

4 Re: sexual harassment Today at 5:40 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum