Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 UNFAIR PROMOTION on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Arresto Menor
Good day po. I hope you can provide assistance on my case.

I am currently working in the BPO industry as an agent. Last September, there was an opening for team leader position where I applied through the recommendation of my team leader(TL). I met the qualifications and took the exam. Unfortunately, I didn't pass. However, I was given the chance for a retake and luckily passed this time.

So I proceed to the next steps:
exam (retake)- passed
initial interview - passed
case preparation - passed
case presentation - passed

After passing the case presentation, I was recommended for data analysis(DA). This consists of two parts, preparation and presentation. Everything went smoothly and I was congratulated and coached by my supervisors to help me with the presentation.

On the day of my Data analysis prep and pres, my TL talked to me. Apparently, his supervisor questioned my application to the post saying that I should not be recommended. This is due to the fact that she caught me reading an e-book a month before. At the time she caught me, no incident report or any corrective measure was served. I then assumed at that time that it bore no weight until the morning of my DA.

My Tl told me he needs to issue me an IR(incident report) for my infraction a month ago. I asked if it will in any way affect my application and was told that it won't. He told me he just need to issue it for documentation purposes. With this in mind, i signed the IR and dated a month ago through his instructions.

Before I went to the venue of my DA, I got confirmation again from my TL that there would be no problems.

I went and was able to successfully finish the first part(preparation). After that, the recruitment officer talked to me saying that I can no longer proceed because my supervisor emailed her about my IR(served just that morning).

As per the company policy, an IR would only bear weight if it was issued with corrective measure. I was really disappointed and felt humiliated I cried on my way back to the office.

I immediately talked to my TL and relayed what happened. He then talked to his supervisor and was told that they would be retracting the IR.

If having an IR would disqualify an employee from promotion, then why is that some of my colleagues were promoted even though they have IRs too?

These all happened more than 4 months ago. They still don't have an answer to my pending case. Another office mate was again promoted even though she has IR with corrective measure.

I just feel that they intentionally would like to stop my application and this is very unfair!

Sana po ay matulungan nyo ako at mabigyan ng advise. Gusto ko lang malaman kung may laban ba ako at kung gaano katagal pa ako magaantay.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance!

View user profile

2 Re: UNFAIR PROMOTION on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:48 pm

there is no legal right to a promotion. it is purely management discretion. i recommend you take it in stride and keep trying.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum