Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination without proper notice and due process

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chaddawson

Arresto Menor
Hi good PM attyLLL and forum members.

I was an employee for this company for almost 3 years till I decided to resign.

I filed a resignation letter and complied with the 30 day rule. 25 days into rendering up until the last day, I was not able to go to work. I told my boss that I was sick.

During that time I already had a pending application waiting to be approved by this new company. Weeks after, went back to my old company to have clearance signed, there were no other paper I signed other than the clearance stating that once the items listed are return I will be cleared and the document that my boss needs to fill up for my remaining sick and vacation leaves.

Now, 2mos after I still didn't get any calls from my supposed new company. I called them up to check what's up. Then I was so shocked that they rejected my application because there was a discrepancy in how I declared my separation with my previous company. I called my ex-boss, asked how I was separated and to my surprise she told me that I was terminated. I asked her how would I be terminated if there were notification at all and for what reason?. She said, they sent me a Return to Work Order(RTWO) which I didn't receive. Then I asked her how did the termination pushed through when upon signing the clearance there was nothing saying that I was relieved from the company because of this or that violation. NOTHING. Kumbaga I didn't go through the correct due process, and as I expected, she didn't reply.

AttyLLL, tama ba yung ginawa nila na i-terminate ako with or without a proper ground na hindi ako dumaan sa due process?

View user profile

attyLLL

try to get documentation, even an email to show that you were terminated. that way when you file a complaint at nlrc, they can't suddenly say you resigned.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum