Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 No Surname on the BIRTH CERTIFICATE on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:25 am


Arresto Menor


I just want to ask if it is legal for me to use my middle name as my surname since I don't have surname indicated on by birth certificate, I was born as illegitimate however my father acknowledge me but he change his mind and he didn't pursue correcting my name.

The Content of my Birth Certificate looks like this...

SURNAME: (there was nothing here Atty.)

I'm so confused what to do since I'm a graduating College Student and am afraid that my application for LET will be rejected because of the entry of my Birth Certificate.

Atty,what will be the good move to do so?

Thanks in advance Attorney, may God Bless You...

Last edited by ddiestro on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : there were words that makes the Atty at Law be confused.)

View user profile

2 In addition with... on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:37 am


Arresto Menor
Atty, since I have my Authenticated birth certificate, it is composed of two pages, the first page is for my name however, there's no surname as I've elaborate lately, and the second page is comprised with the Affidavit of Acknowledgement/Admission of Paternity and Affidavit for delayed registration of birth.

I hope that you can find time in helping me with regards to my problem, surely I really need your expertise atty.

Thank you once again atty and God bless

View user profile

3 Re: No Surname on the BIRTH CERTIFICATE on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:01 pm


talk to the local civil registrar where your certificate was filed. according to a text book, this is not proper for correction, but for supplementary filing to fill it in.

either way, it should be corrected at the LCR level

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum