Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unremitted withholding tax

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 unremitted withholding tax on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:56 pm


Arresto Menor
I filed an illegal dismissal case against my former employer but later agreed to an amicable settlement. I was given my separation pay which they termed retirement pay in 2006 for 26 years of service.

In 2009 I found out that they didn't remit the withholding tax of P170,000 to the BIR and I wrote them several letters to give it back to me instead of being penalized by BIR. They refused and told me it was just placed in the computation -- they gave me a copy -- to determine how much should I get in the amicable settlement.

I felt I was cheated. This amount belongs to me and my family. I know that separation pays are not taxable.

Can I still get it? What should I do? The officials (priests) refuse to even see me/talk to me.

View user profile

2 Re: unremitted withholding tax on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:11 pm


file a complaint at bir

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum