Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can someone help me please! Filipino-Japanese divorce and baby issue.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Here is my situation.. I am 25 yrs old currently living here in Japan. I got married to my Japanese husband 5yrs ago in Manila Philippines. I just married him for visa and I am paying him every month for doing this. I am about to get my permanent visa hopefully in January 2013. My problem now is I have an American bf and I am 3 months pregnant. I dont know what to do. Of course I am going to continue the baby. My due date is in August and I have lots of options on what to do's. Some of my friends are telling me to just wait for my permanent visa and just put my baby under my japanese husbands surname and then divorce him. My other friends on the other hand are telling me to get divorce ASAP. I dont know anything about law. So here are my questions..

*Can I get divorce here in Japan even tho we got married in Philippines?
*A friend of mine told me my japanese husband can file for a divorce here in Japan and when its all done I just have to ask for a lawyer to put it on the logbook in Philippines that I am finally divorce? is that true?
*How long can I remarry again after getting a divorce?
*what is the best thing for me to do coz seriously I am stressing out and keep on thinking about this and I know its not healthy for the baby...

Thanks and I hope you will reply.

View user profile


Arresto Mayor
You will need to have the Japanese Divorce validated at the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Japan. The Embassy then notifies the NSO in Philippines... Or you can do Anullment in Philippines...

View user profile


Arresto Menor
I agree with Almondo.

Your friend's suggestion might be your best shot. Have your Japanese husband file a divorce in Japan. After obtaining a divorce decree, you can have the same authenticated by the Philippine Consul. Thereafter, file a Judicial Recognition of Foreign Judgment here in the Philippines so as to give effect to the Divorce Decree in the Philippines.

Your second option would be to file an annulment case in the Philippines.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
if your american boyfriend will file petition for K1 visa then once you have divorce that is authenticated by phil embassy in japan no need to file divorce decree in philippines if you will get married in USA since USA accept divorce and your free to marry outside philippines i have the same situation Smile
im divorce from my foreign husband too Wink

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum