Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employee Tardiness

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Employee Tardiness on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:31 pm

mariemarie010979

Arresto Menor
Hello, I am wondering if we can terminate an employee for habitual tardiness?- main cause of termination is tardiness.

View user profile

2 Re: Employee Tardiness on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:46 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, only after several notices have been issued and infractions are still occurring in a gross and habitual manner.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Employee Tardiness on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:30 am

koffeegelo

Arresto Menor
Hi!

Just to share.

Yes, an employee can be terminated from work due to tardiness provided that proper process was executed.
Example:
First occurence - verbal warning
Second occurence - written warning
Third occurence - suspension warning
Fourth occurence -final warning
Fifth occurence - Termination

Note:
Infraction / sanction, would be depending on the company policy and procedure. Other company have their grace period and other companies first sanction is already Written warning.

Hope this helps.

View user profile

4 Re: Employee Tardiness Today at 4:15 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum