Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damage to Property through Reckless Imprudence

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ASV24

Arresto Menor
Good Day,

I badly need your help regarding my legal problem. Back in January, I was involved in a car accident along Kalaw St. Since I came from work and very sleepy, I was not able to hit on the brake and bumped the car in front of me. This happened around 4AM. Dahil sa sobrang takot ko and nerbyos, tumakbo ko. The problem is I do not own the vehicle. I only borrowed it from my father-in-law, but I told him what happened to his car. The car that I borrowed has a comprehensive insurance and all damages to it were repaired. We told the insurance that it bumped to an Island to expedite the claims process.

Earlier this month, my father-in-law received a Subpoena for criminal investigation for Damage to Property through Reckless Imprudence. The car that I bumped unfortunately traced the plate number of the car I borrowed and file a complaint. I wanted to report the incident before but I was very afraid and advised by my friends just to wait if there was really a complaint. Now that the complaint has arrived, what shall I do as the involved driver, not my father-in-law who owns the car? I would appreciate your answers to my below questions:

1. Does my father-in-law need to attend the investigation at the prosecutors office since the subpoena was named after him?

2. Can I just attend the hearing without my father-in-law and admit everything to make him not responsible for the actions?

3. The prosecutor attached a copy of the complainant's casa quotation amounting to 95,000. His car has a model of 2011 so I assume it still has an insurance. Can I just cover the participation fee? What's the maximum payment that I need to be responsible for?

4. Is this a criminal case, will I be immediately imprisoned after I attend the investigation at the prosecutor's office?

5. I received the subpoena late causing us to miss the first hearing. Will there be any negative effect on our part?

Thank you very much in advance.

View user profile

attyLLL

1) yes because he is the respondent.
2) he should still go.
3) you can try to negotiate that
4)yes it's criminal case, but no, you won't be immediately imprisoned
5) no, just make sure to go to the second one.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum