Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

peeping tom

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 peeping tom on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:43 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi, thanks much for this forum. I have a relative who was caught peeping into the bathroom where a married woman was bathing. This is the 2nd time he did it. He and his parents already talked to the woman and asked for apology but the woman wanted another talk with his husband present. My question is, what specific offense or crime did he commit and what is the possible penalty? Deeply appreciate any help. Thanks much!

View user profile

2 Re: peeping tom on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:05 pm


Arresto Menor
"Nullum crimen nulla pena sine lege"
There is no crime if there is no law punishing it.

But that pervert's activities should be nipped at the bud now, lest he become bolder and move on sexual assaults.

His actions - although not constituting a criminal offense - have produced a cause of action for damages, prevention and other relief under the Civil Code.

Get a lawyer and make sure you comply with the condition precedent before going to court. Your lawyer would know.

View user profile

3 Re: peeping tom on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm


Arresto Menor
Thanks for the reply. Read somewhere that it can fall under invasion of privacy. Do we have a specific law for such? I am assuming that they may want to ask for some amount of money as pay out. Heard she asked for 15k for a similar case in the past. In such case, how much do you think could be a fair one?

View user profile

4 Re: peeping tom on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:10 pm


that's considered unjust vexation.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum