Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

MARRIAGE WITHOUT MARRIAGE LICENSE

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 MARRIAGE WITHOUT MARRIAGE LICENSE on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 pm

leigh24

Arresto Menor
Hi Attorney, I have a story to tell. My live-in partner was married to his "ex-wife" last 2006. He told me that when he was married,the wife is still pregnant (approx 2-3months pregnant). Their marriage contract was dated, Oct2006 and their Marriage License was obtained, Sep2006.But the child was born, Aug2006, 2 months before the date on their marriage contract,and 1month before the license was obtained. If it will be proved to the court that when they get married, the girl was still pregnant,is it possible that the marriage be declared Null and Void with the grounds of "No Marriage License"? because the license was dated Sep2006, a month after the wife gave birth to her daughter?
P.S:
At the birth certificate of the child, the indicated Marriage date of parents is January 2006.

Thank You Atty.

View user profile

2 Re: MARRIAGE WITHOUT MARRIAGE LICENSE on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:33 am

attyLLL

what is controlling is the marriage contract. based on the dates, it is valid.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: MARRIAGE WITHOUT MARRIAGE LICENSE on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:54 pm

leigh24

Arresto Menor
Hi atty, Yes we know po that the marriage is valid. I just want to ask po if ever mag-file ng annulment na ang ground ay walang Valid marriage License, may chance po ba na maideclare na null and void pag napatunayan na nung ikasal sila ay buntis pa yung girl? Thanks po..

View user profile

4 Re: MARRIAGE WITHOUT MARRIAGE LICENSE on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:06 am

attyLLL

if you can prove that there was no marriage license, then you have a good chance, but don't rely on the issue of being pregnant. that is not a basis.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum