Here are the chronology of events:
1. I was offered to buy a store by Mr. X with a total cost of Php300k. I figured it was a little overpriced but I accepted since it's in front of a school.
2. I paid 20k downpayment, without any documentations except for an acknowledgement receipt saying it is a downpayment.
3. I spoke to the owner of the building, Mr. Y, where the store is renting a space and asked if i can do other business using the space. Also, i requested that major repairs on the space shall be shouldered by him (leaking roof). He got mad and told me he doesn't want to give me the space.
4. I spoke to Mr. X and told him the transaction cannot push through anymore since I don't have the space anymore.
5. Mr. X told me that the down payment will be forfeited.
Is it justifiable? Can i still claim back my money?
Advice please? God bless!