Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment in case; My father's dubious Paramour...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
My dad filed an annulment against my mom recently. She's been living overseas, married and naturalized. I hold her SPA in legalities of her concerns here. My dad has a paramour 15 yrs his junior and a lovechild aged 22. They had falsified documents legitimizing that child and a bogus marriage solemnized by a priest friend of dad's elder sister. As the petition had started, I receive court documents from their lawyer to my address, in my mom's stead, including a move to have me as one of their witnesses. At 73, how likely is it that the thrust of this piece of document was done in good faith, when this illegal cohabitation was never challenged by us (the legal family) in a sentimental consideration to our dad's need for some semblance of companionship after his separation with my mom. And only to be insulted with a petition to expose a can of worms...

My dad could've asked for our feedback as we are in no way strangers in communication or logistics.

How can I refuse that invitation since I'm inclined to represent my mom by virtue of the SPA?

Is there a case I can file against the paramour for interferring with my family?

Can my mother file for legal separation of properties in the light of this petition?

If my dad's wish was to remarry. Can my mom propose a foreign divorce at their expense so they can withdraw the annulment and instead go for recognition of foreign divorce?

What legal cases can we file for the priest and the elder sister if they had affixed their signatures on the bogus solemnization?

Best regards attorney/ies, and God speed...

View user profile


was it a subpoena? that is a legal order.

if you want to derail his annulment, make sure you participate in behalf of your mom and keep appealing it.

you can file a complaint for damages against the paramour

you can enter into an agreement regarding the properties in the annulment case.

foreign divorce is possible if your mother is a foreign citizen, but it will still require petition for recognition

don't go after the priest. it's your dad who is the one has most liability for bigamy.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum