Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

married but pregnant by another man

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 married but pregnant by another man on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:54 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi Po,

Please do help!!! I'm still married but separated in fact for 3 years now and my ex has already a family of his own and he has a child. also our annulment is still going on. My problem is I'm pregnant now with my live in partner (biological father) and he really wants our child to carry his surname.


1. Can he just acknowledge our child by signing the birth certificate? Then our child can carry his surname legally, although my annulment is still going on?

2. Can I change my passport name into my maiden name? but still my status is married since my annulment is still going on?

3. Also my other documents like NBI, police clearance and so on...

4. Which one is better giving birth abroad or in the Philippines base on my situation right now?

Thank So Much in advance!!! Hope you could help me!

View user profile

2 Re: married but pregnant by another man on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 pm


1) the law demands that your husband be considered the father unless he files a court petition to declare otherwise

2-3) you can publicly use your maiden name, but you cannot require the govt agencies to change their records

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum