Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sustento at hatian ng ari-arian

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sustento at hatian ng ari-arian on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:15 pm

john santos

Arresto Menor
I am writing to seek for your legal advise regarding the division of properties and other obligations after legal separation or annulment.

I have been married to my wife for 15 years now by civil marriage. It came that I tried to apply for work abroad to provide my family a better life. She has agreed with my intention of working abroad. Fortunately, I am now working in the middle east for almost 4 years now. In my stay here, my wife has kept on accusing me of having a relationship here. She always blames me that it was all my fault that I am not there to see my 2 children grow up and blames me for any wrong doing my children does. She tells me that I have supported them financially but was not enough. I agree that it was not enough that’s why I keep telling her that we need to make sacrifices in life to achieve our goals. We have invested in buying 3 small lots in different locations in the phils. She was the one who processed everything from deed of sale to transfer of title. We have 2 boys ages 14 and 12. There were many times that she accused me and said that I am not a good father and husband.

There are several things I would like to know.

1. Is legal separation or annulment the appropriate step to take if we are not happy with each other already and if she lost her trust in me already.
2. After pursuing legal separation or annulment, how would our properties be divided?
3. If my children stays with her, do I also have to support her financially or just for my kids?

I have tried to explain to her why I am working abroad but she insists that I either resign from my job here which I won’t or she wants me to take them here with me which at the moment is the practical thing to do for me at the moment. I asked my children if they want to go to school here but were not happy to study here. They have visited me twice already and seen the place.

I hope you can help me by guiding me legally so I can decide what to do.

View user profile

2 Re: Sustento at hatian ng ari-arian on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:57 pm


if the properties are the main concern, you can file a petition for separation of property. it won't dissolve the marriage.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum