Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

seeking for help :(

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 seeking for help :( on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:16 pm


Arresto Menor
Good Day Atty.

I am a woman in my mid-20’s and I have a bf who, as I later found out, was married. We met through chat and what started out as friendship turned into something else. We have already been together for about 5 months when I started receiving threats and insults from someone who claimed as his wife.

I immediately confronted him and he admitted, he is stuck in a failed marriage. He is still staying with them because of his 2 kids, but he and his wife are just civil. They don't talk, they just fight all the time and they are very problematic, according to him.

But I still replied to his wife once apologizing for the fact that I didn’t know of the situation and I said that I will break up with him. So as i promised, I broke up with him. I even changed my numbers so he could not contact me anymore. But since he knew where I lived, he started pursuing me again. At the start, I was rejecting him but I gave in again eventually.

He assured me that they have agreed to start working on their annulment, but proofs of this agreement are only verbal conversations and text messages.

We do not live together but we do have intimate moments. We have a few pictures of us together (decent) on his phone which the wife was able to take. I know that it is my mistake to give him a chance again. Now, the wife is already threatening to sue me, to ruin my life and my career. I am very scared.

I would just like to know, given the circumstances,
1. Is there any case that she could file against me?
2. Could I be imprisoned?
3. Blacklisted or not cleared from NBI?

I am really going to end it this time, but I'm just afraid that it might be too late. I hope that you could help me Atty.

Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: seeking for help :( on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:29 pm


wife can file civil case for damages against you or try a concubinage case. if it passes preliminary investigation, then you a warrant may be issued against you and have an nbi record.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum