Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

does an illegitimate child entitled to have a copy of a will?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jar

Arresto Menor
Greetings!
I was so glad to have have found this website after searching so long. Thank you.
My concern is about my son now 15. His dad died almost 6 yrs ago. He was married and under annulment process til his death. He had a still born child from his wife.
Before he passed away i am sure he executed a will.
But there was no notice given to me, the automatic guardian nor to my child regarding the will after his death.It was not presented/read to us.
Therefore, my question is, if my son entitled to have a copy of the will being one of the beneficiaries? And how could we get one and from where?
I just want to be sure that my son has something in his hand to hold of his dad's inheritance as i will be bringing him out of the country to where my husband is.
Anticipating your positive reply. Thank you.

View user profile

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
jar wrote:Greetings!
I was so glad to have have found this website after searching so long. Thank you.
My concern is about my son now 15. His dad died almost 6 yrs ago. He was married and under annulment process til his death. He had a still born child from his wife.
Before he passed away i am sure he executed a will.
But there was no notice given to me, the automatic guardian nor to my child regarding the will after his death.It was not presented/read to us.
Therefore, my question is, if my son entitled to have a copy of the will being one of the beneficiaries? And how could we get one and from where?
I just want to be sure that my son has something in his hand to hold of his dad's inheritance as i will be bringing him out of the country to where my husband is.
Anticipating your positive reply. Thank you.

lahat ata ng involve sa last will is binibigyan ng copy.

View user profile

jar

Arresto Menor
yun talaga pagkakaalam ko..pero wala eh!
that is why this time, before kami aalis, i want to be sure kung ano talaga ang para sa anak ko at kung ano talaga ang iniwan ng tatay nya sa kanya being an acknowledged son.

View user profile

attyLLL

did the father sign your child's birth certificate?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

jar

Arresto Menor
@ attyLLL; No he didn't, but we did that permission to use father's surname in 2002. So was the other illegitimate child from the other woman.

View user profile

attyLLL

send a demand letter to whoever is in charge of the estate for an accounting. if no response, your legal remedy is to file a petition in court in behalf of your child for settlement of the father's estate.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

jar

Arresto Menor
Thank you attyLLL for this advice.
But, would it be okey also if i or my son will ask his uncle whom we believe is the administrator for a copy of the will? They actually have a very good relationship so far.
Absolutely i don't want to create any discord between them or us, all i need is simply just to know on what is really owed to my son, or what has been left to my son by his dad being his legal guardian. Because this has been kept to us. And i want to make sure of that before me and my son will leave to my husband for good.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum