Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Right to open read letter ebing cared of to someone

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shiela30

Arresto Menor
Hi!

I would like to ask for a legal advice.

There is a letter sent for Mr. JOSELITO SANTOS DELA CRUZ in an address eg. Makati, unfortunately, she was no longer residing in such address. Upon thourough investigation, there is a new found address of hers but only the barangay, town and province were given. Therefore, the letter was sent in "care of" the respective Brgy. Chairman. Sample format was:

Mr. JOSELITO SANTOS DELA CRUZ
c/o Brgy. Chairman Joselito De Guzman
Brgy. _________
Town
Province Zip Code

The sealed envelop where the letter is enclosed has reached the Brgy. Chairman's office. Upon receipt of the letter, the brgy, chairman opened it and then delivered it to the address of his constituent Mr. JOSELITO SANTOS DELA CRUZ.

Mr. Dela Cruz, upon receiving the open letter, got mad with the sender of the letter for he felt that his right to privacy was violated and now wants to file a case against the sender.

Questions:
1. The content of the letter is confidential. Is there any case being violated by the the sender of the letter by sending it in care of the Brgy. Chairman?

2. In case the barangay chairman, does not know the address of his constintuent, Mr. DELA CRUZ, does it give him the right to open the letter which is only being cared of to him?

3. In case the barangay chairman knows the address of Mr. DELA CRUZ, does it give him the right to open the letter which is only being cared of to him?

4. Referring to questions 2 and 3, in case the chairman has no right to open the letter which he opened,what case did he violate?

Thank you for your immediate response.

View user profile

attyLLL

what you should have done was to put the actual letter in a separate envelope. i would argue that it is possible to file libel because other persons were allowed to see it.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

shiela30

Arresto Menor
attyLLL wrote:what you should have done was to put the actual letter in a separate envelope. i would argue that it is possible to file libel because other persons were allowed to see it.

Thank you for your advice Atty.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum