Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of a father to his illigitimate but acknowledged child.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
My sister who is currently working abroad have 2 sons from a previous relationship, and the father who's now planning to go back in the Philippines is threatening her to take both children. they are not married and since been separated. The father does not give any financial support at all. My sister is afraid that she might lose her 2 sons since she can't go back to the Philippines right now, and doesn't know what to do. Can someone please enlighten us on what to do. I have several questions that needs some answer:
1) Can the father take my sister's children?
2) What are his rights even if he didn't support the children financially?
3) Can my sister keep her children even if she's working abroad?
4) What will i do as a guardian to stop the father from taking the children?
5) Must i file a case to pre-empt his plans? if so, what case am i gonna file?
My sister kept all the bank documents that proves that she's the one supporting the kids alone. PLEASE HELP US....

View user profile


who has custody of the children now? whoever it is, resist any moves of the father until he files a case for custody.

you can also file a petition to be declared legal guardian of the children while the mother is away. then i recommend the mother has to come back and take care of the children

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum