Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Violation of Contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Violation of Contract on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:45 am

rossdelrosario

Arresto Menor
I would like to report James Harper, a Canadian citizen who is operating several houses and apartments for rent here in the Philippines including several apartments in Pasig.

He is operating an office at No. 2 Kanlaon Street Mandaluyong City.....and his staff with the names of Gina Manaog and Divino Devulgado, among others.

We have expressed our interest to terminate our contract at an early stage due to their failure to repair major leaks in our rented property at #5 Kawilihan Street Maybunga Pasig.

However, they sent us a demand letter last March 13, 2012, forcing us to vacate the house on March 30, 2012, with only two weeks notice.

They have also resulted in harassment by faking work requests and entering our rented property without permission.

The first date was last February 21 where Divino Debulgado, entered the house eventhough there was a request not to enter until there is an adult present in the house. We were just surprised to see him already inside the house, and said he asked permission from our 9 year old son.

Second date was last March 24, when James Harper and Gina Manaog entered the property and tried to force us to go out of the house. I even called the barangay but James Harper argued with the barangay.

Third time was when Gina Manaog, Divino Debulgado, and two other men entered the property and was trying to dismantle the front gate. We learned later that Gina Manaog ordered our neighbor, Femia Jebulan, who was also renting an apartment in the same address, to create a request to repair the front gate eventhough she did not reported any damage to the front gate.

They fabricated a fake request so that they would have an excuse to dismantle the front gate, compromising our security at our rented property.

They even filed a complaint against us at the barangay but they did not showed up during the initial hearing causing the pending of the case.

The neighbors attributed similar forms of harassment to the previous tenants before us. They told us that the owner even ordered the cutting of the electricity supply to force the previous tenants to leave the house.

Other neighbors who were also renting an apartment at the same address complained of the same irregularities and form of harassment.

This landlord also does not sign his name in the Lease Contract and uses a different name. He also does not have the document properly notarized.

We are also questioning how it is possible that a foreigner could own several properties in the Philippines, and uses a different name to transact business.

We already have a signed confession from one of the tenants stating that she was ordered by Gina Manaog to make a request to repair the gate eventhough there was no need to repair it. Gina and her men tried to remove the front gate of the house with no permission from us tenants.

I hope you could assist us in our concerns.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum