Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sole custody for illegitimate child

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sole custody for illegitimate child on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:00 pm

marksgrace

Arresto Menor
Hi I'd appreciate your help with my situation po. I had my daughter when I was 18 and her father and I didn't get married.. my parents didn't want me to put his name on my daughters' bcert but after 3 years her dad and I were still together so we signed his name sa civil registrar. I have always had custody sa daughter ko and her dad and I never lived together. We split up last 2009 and now I live in the UK with my Irish partner dito na po kami nag meet and we have a son. Nalaman ko recently na pinapalitan ng ex ko yung last name ng anak namin... I wasn't even informed about this I think he did it just out of spite kasi even if he changed her last name he never gave her any financial support I'm still the only one who pays for her tuition fee etc. and my daughter lives with my parents.

How can I get sole custody sa anak ko, I mean since ako lang naman eversince nag support sa kanya, and can I take her to the UK without permission sa father nya.... Thanks po.

View user profile

2 Re: Sole custody for illegitimate child on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:49 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
Yes. The law states that illegitimate children shall be under the parental authority of the mother same goes to child under 7 years old. However there are some exceptions. Very Happy

View user profile

3 Re: Sole custody for illegitimate child on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:33 pm

attyLLL

under philippine law you will have no problem bringing your child out from the philippines.

you should seek advise from a UK lawyer what evidences they will accept to show that you have sole custody

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: Sole custody for illegitimate child on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:02 am

marksgrace

Arresto Menor
Thank you very much for your replies.... this really helped a lot to calm my nerves. Thanks again and God bless!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum