Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

House Construction Contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 House Construction Contract on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:56 pm

Arresto Menor
I hired a contractor to build my house last year (June). our contract specifically states that a certain brand and make of floor tiles should be installed. however, last november the contractor told me that the manufacturer had ceased production of the said floor tiles and suggested an alternative (cheaper). under the impression that i had no choice, i agreed. now that the house is almost complete, i found out that the floor tiles i wanted is still very much in circulation. i also saw that the color of the floor tiles he installed were not the same as that of the 3D rendering prepared by my architect which was also part of the contract we signed. is my contractor liable for this? or does my earlier acceptance of the alternative brand void my right to complain?

View user profile

2 Re: House Construction Contract on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:32 pm

if you filed an action in court for damages or cost of replacing your tiles, i'd root for you, but ultimately my guess is that it will be either dismissed or you get a nominal award.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: House Construction Contract on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:18 am

Arresto Menor
so it probably won't be worth the effort?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum