Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Refusal to return security deposit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Refusal to return security deposit on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:03 am


Arresto Menor
The land lord is refusing our security deposit P85,000 and non issuance of BIR official reciepts for the condo unit that I rented for 20 months.

I keeping communicating with her thru email but ignoring me at all, she lives in Las Vegas Nevada USA.

Can I refer her to BIR for possible tax fraud/evasion?
I know that she is deos not register her unit/s as rental property and keep renting them out.
She owns more than 3 properties in Makati, and QC.

I am planning to file a case agianst her and can I ask the DOJ to issue a hold departure order so went she visited the Philippines she will be stopped at the airport.

I really want her to retrun my money ASAP.

View user profile

2 Re: Refusal to return security deposit on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:12 pm


actually, you will also be asked by the bir if you have been remitting the withholding tax on your rental payments, but yes you can report her for non-issuance of receipts.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Refusal to return security deposit on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:18 pm


Arresto Menor
The rental agreement is simple... just monthly payment of P85,000.
What will be the possible outcome of this if I refer her to BIR.

View user profile

4 Re: Refusal to return security deposit on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:21 pm


Arresto Menor
There is also a possibility that she pay for it and register the title under her son's name and possible not paying the donor's tax

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum