Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Name Change

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child Name Change on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:09 am


Arresto Menor
I was married last year. My wife had an illegitimate daughter before we married. The daughter bears my wife's maiden surname. My wife took my surname upon marriage. I would like to find the easiest route to change our daughter's surname to my surname (i.e., the family surname).

I searched and couldn't find any topics that bear directly on this situation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance...


View user profile

2 Re: Child Name Change on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:53 pm


adoption is your best remedy. it will also raise her to the level of a legitimate child.

some others in this situation, the father will acknowledge and pretend to be the biological father and then the child is legitimated. the problem is that you become vulnerable to a charge of simulation of birth

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum