Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegitimate child versus legal mother

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Illegitimate child versus legal mother on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:16 am

homeros

Arresto Menor
Hi sir/mam I hope you can help me, I'm not really sure if I'm an illegitimate child but my parents were not married but I am my father's only child. My dad have inherited a land from my grandfather who's already dead and 2 years ago my dad died too. The name of the property is still in the name of my grandfather and my grandmother is still alive so as the 2 siblings of my dad. At first they told me I would inherit the share of my dad but when he died my grandma told me that my share is hers is this true? They are planning to sell the property and I just want to know my rights. Thanks in advance.

View user profile

2 Re: Illegitimate child versus legal mother on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 am

Almondo

Arresto Mayor
im not a Lawyer,,, but im sure while your Grandma is alive, she is the Owner of the land,,,, She can sell ALL THE LAND and leave nothing for the Heirs...

View user profile

3 Re: Illegitimate child versus legal mother on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:14 pm

homeros

Arresto Menor
Hi Almondo thank you for your response. I am confused because in one of the forum that I asked they told me that my grandma will only have equal share with her children and that the share of my father will be divided among me and my grandma.

View user profile

4 Re: Illegitimate child versus legal mother on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:50 pm

attyLLL

i agree with the advice you received from this other forum

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 legitemate child on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:25 pm

hearty04

Arresto Menor
hello poh.. nkatira poh kami sa hauz ng husband ko sa property nila mag asawa noon patay na kasi yong 1st wife niya at ako yong second wife. ngayon pilit kami paalisin ng mga anak niya sa kanilang bahay kasi nga nag asawa na siya ulit. tanong ko lang poh. may karapatan pa rin ba yong husband ko sa property nila kahit may legitemate settlement na siyang ginawa???

View user profile

6 Re: Illegitimate child versus legal mother on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:42 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
Asuming they admit you are his child or you can prove it. (E g by you have document where your father agree he is your father, court have decided soo, or you can make DNA test of relatives to prove it but such is expensive.)

I don't know, but I believe it's something BETWEEN p2 and p3 Smile
=It's common to let the still alive spouse (=grandma) go on LIVING in the home, if she want to,
BUT when it's an INCOME from it (by selling it or by producing at it) then she get HALF and the other half is splited between the inheritances (=children or inheritances of them =you.)

When grandma dies, then what she has left then will be splited between you.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum