Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

no name inquiry

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 no name inquiry on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:47 pm

good afternoon. i am Carla Portagana and im from cavite. iwas born manila on march 8 1990. i just found out that i have a problem with my my old copy of my birth certificate my name was just hand written , it is xerox copy but authenticated.
i don't have name in my nso copy.. i just want to inquire how to process my no name problem, and how much do u think it would cost? i really need to get passport. what should i do firts?

View user profile

2 Re: no name inquiry on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:47 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
Your problem can be corrected administratively. Go to the Manila LCRO and fill-in the appropriate forms which they will hand to you. You will be made to pay some fees but these would only be minimal. They will also ask you to submit 2 IDs bearing your first name "Carla."

After the Manila LCRO updates its records, they will forward your application to the NSO for birth certificate annotation. The process will take a few months.

View user profile

3 Re: no name inquiry on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:31 am

Kamil Merino

Arresto Menor
Hi. My name is Camille, or so I thought. When NSO changed their system, and didn't allow the use of the late registered birth certificates, I found out that my original birth certificate had no name. Yes, no first name, no middle name, no surname. All other details were filled out except, of all things, my name. I then found out that I was my mom's " anak sa pagkadalaga" and I think my jerk biological dad not wanting to marry my mom, my mom didn't give me a name yet. Rule, I believe, in hospitals is to register the newborns within 24 hrs. And so the blank name. My mom married a man whom I believed was my dad for 20+ years, and I was registered late and used the surname of my "new dad". I have no idea how I would be able to fix this. I believe this is a rare case as I have been told and I can't find answers online. Another problem is the dad I grew up with whose surnmae I used for all my life is already deceased, so he can't just like adopt me and legalize everything. I don't know what to do and the fact that I need my birth certificate now because I'm getting married soon makes me problematic about all these. Hope someone can help. Thanks. P.S. Sorry for the rant.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum