Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice of Surrogate Mother Issue

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Advice of Surrogate Mother Issue on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day.
I am going to India to avail of their surrogacy services because I want to have a child. I will be the Sperm donor and another unrelated Egg donor will be fertilized in the womb of a surrogate mother.

In Indian Law, the birth certificate shall bear only the name of the man or the woman availing of the surrogacy program. The surrogate mother's name will not be mentioned at all. Thus, it will be left blank.

I want to bring the child home. However, only the Father's name is stated in the birth certificate (atypical of the illegitimately-born child where the mother's name is stated) Will i have any problems getting a travel document from the Philippine embassy if that's the case?

Currently, i cannot find any information on that since most literature are on certificates with mother's names only.

View user profile

2 Re: Advice of Surrogate Mother Issue on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:20 pm


wow, what a unique situation.

limiting my answer to the issue of travel document. the process should be that you file the birth certificate with the philippine embassy or consulate, and if they do not raise an objection to the mom issue, then you should be able to get the proper docs to come back here.

as to the question how to handle a birth cert without a mother on it, it is a conundrum created by clashing international laws. and i don't know how it can be reconciled.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum