Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RA 9048 Please help...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 RA 9048 Please help... on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:39 am


Arresto Menor
Hi Atty. Good day!

My girlfriend has a son from her previous boyfriend. Her son's name is rey anthony, 1 year old, already registered (has birth certificate already). We want to remove and replace "rey" since it's her ex-boyfriend's name. We already asked our city's municipal office on what to do and searched the internet. Found out that it falls under RA 9048 and we need:
1. Certified machine copy of the certificate containing the alleged erroneous entry or entries -this is the NSO birth certificate right?

2. Not less than 2 public or private documents upon which the correction shall be based -only baptismal certificate and medical records can be acquired at this time since he's only 1 year old. The problem is that the church asks for the birth certificate (which contains the alleged erroneous entry) before baptizing anyone. So the baptismal certificate will still have "rey" as his name.

Her son is known as "Anthony" by everyone so it would not create confusion and/or change his identity at all if we remove and replace "rey" since only my girlfriend, her mother and I knows about his other name.

If you may, could you please tell me the best possible way on removing and replacing "rey" as his other name.

Thank you very much in advance!

View user profile

2 Re: RA 9048 Please help... on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:12 am


Arresto Menor
hi sirs / attorneys, tulong naman po sa problema namin. Salamat po

View user profile

3 Re: RA 9048 Please help... on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:38 am


Reclusion Perpetua
In my opinion it does not fall under RA 9048. the inclusion of Rey in the birth certificate is not a clerical error. There might be error in the relationship but definitely not a clerical error.

Better file the petition before the court.

View user profile

4 Re: RA 9048 Please help... on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:38 pm


Arresto Menor
good day attorneys,

you have a meritorious advises. i know you can help me.

i was involve with a married man outside the philippines where we were both working together. eventually i got pregnant. just to make me safe, he were able to produce an unregistered marriage license, considered as fake. then i delivered in the philippines, one of my relatives who was with me, gave the mc to the nurse and filling the info based on that mc. when i took the nso copy, i saw the info and date of marriage. my baby is 1yr old already.

i want to correct that info.
1. what are the actions i need to take?
2. how much i will spend?
3. how long will it take?
4. if i am held liable for falsification, can they imprison me?
5. can i bail and how much would that be?

hope you can answer me. looking forward to it.. it keeps bugging me. thanks a lot!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum