Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petition on Changing My Child's Last Name and Use Mine

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good day Atty.

I want to seek advice on things that i have to do. I have 2 children from my ex-boyfriend. My daughter is 6 year-old and my son is 3 year-old. My daughter is using my last name but he was acknowledge by her father on her BC. During that time, we prefer to use mine because he is a married man but he is separated from his wife now. I gave birth on my 2nd child and his using his father's last name. His father also acknowledge him. What happened is, he was the informant and he force me to signed on the paper. Now, I want to change my son's last name and use mine because my daughter is starting to ask why they have a different last name. And the discrimination that i heard for some people that they have a differnet father because of their different last name. Their father didnt give support though he have worked. We dont have communication for almost 3 years. Can i file my petition on the civil registry? or do i really have to file it on court? How long it will takes? Can i change my son's last name without permission from his father? What is the easiest way to change my son's last name? Is adoption is the one way to process it quikly without the presence of his father?

Thank you & God bless.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum