1. I am currently working at a BPO company for 1 year. I started as an IT trainee and my training supposedly has a bond of 500,000 php.
2. Technically, I was not able to complete the appropriated 6 month training because I was then assigned to work for a client 3 months into the course.
3. I started training on April, assigned to a client in July and regularized October. However, my contract still states that I reimburse the 500,000 cost of training if I leave the company within 18 months.
My questions are:
1. Can I argue that the 500,000 bond should not be in effect because I have not completed the assigned 6 month training and was assigned already to a client prior to the end of the course?
2. I understand that having signed all contracts, I am bound to the stipulations of the contract. However, I do feel that 500,000 is such a steep amount for my 3 month training ( i did not even receive any IT certifications aside from the training course that they had ). To top it off, my work currently consists of jobs unrelated to the training that I had. All of my duties currently I got from the client and not from the training course that they gave me. What is the appropriate courses of action available to me should I decide to resign?
Thank you very much and hoping to hear from you all soon.