Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Properties and business

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Properties and business on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:38 pm

sepa10

Arresto Menor
kasal po ako at hiwalay na po kami pero hindi pa po ito legal or na annul ung kasal namin. lahat po ba ng ari-arian,lupa kasama pati ung bahay na pinatayo kong ako lang ang gumastos habang nasa abroad ako at lahat ng mga kagamitan sa bahay na pinundar ko nung mag bf/gf palang kami may karapatan pa po ba siya? sa ngayon po mayroon akong kinakasama. balak ko pong ilipat lahat ito sa pangalan niya ung lupa, bahay at iba pang ari arian ko pwede po ba yun? at balak po naming magtayo ng negosyo namin ng kinakasama ko ngayon pero ang negosyo ay ipapangalan ko po sa kinakasama ko. kung lahat po nito ay nakapangalan na sa kinakasama ko may karapatan o habol pa ba ang dati kong asawa sa mga ito lalo na sa ipapatayo naming negosyo? need your advice asap po para alam po namin ang gagawin namin para maging maayos po ang lahat. thank you po.

View user profile

2 Re: Properties and business on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 pm

attyLLL

everything you own and you invest in is and will be co-owned with your spouse.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Properties and business on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:20 am

sepa10

Arresto Menor
khit po ilipat ko ilipat ko sa pangalan ng kinakasama ko ngayon, pwede po ba un? ung plan naming business plan ko din pong ipangalan sa kinakasama ko, kung sakaling hihingi po ng monthly na sustento ung dati kong asawa nararapat po ba un kahit wala kaming naging anak? thank you po

View user profile

4 Re: Properties and business on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:09 am

annabu

Arresto Menor
Good day!

I'm married to a foreigner and he recently bought a condo unit without my knowledge. Our marriage is not going well but we still live in the same house with our son. We have been married for almost 11 years now.

1. Am I right to say that I am co-owner of the property that he just purchased?

2. How about the salary that he's getting? He earns quite a lot but most of the salary is deposited in another country.
Do I also have rights to the money that he earns because we are still legally married and living together?

3. What can I do to make sure that he doesn't transfer ownership to someone else or sell the property once he finds out that I learned about it?

4. Can I hold the developer responsible for not advising him about spouse co-ownership?

View user profile

5 Re: Properties and business on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:37 pm

attyLLL

sepa, what you are planning is common, but unlawful. however, transfer of properties already registered in your name will require your wife's consent and signature.

annabu, 1) yes, inform the developer and give them a copy of your marriage cert.

2) yes, but you'll need to file a case if he won't give you access

i don't think the developer would be to blame if he didn't declare he was married.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: Properties and business on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm

annabu

Arresto Menor

Will it be a problem if I found out about the property in secret? I just copied his files without consent and that's where I found all the documents pertaining to the condo.

He's also trying to hide the savings he has from me. I was surprised when I saw how much he is acutally earning and from what I know.

View user profile

7 Re: Properties and business on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:49 pm

annabu

Arresto Menor
Can he claim that the money used to buy the unit is just his money although we are still married and living together? Will he be able to declare is a personal asset? I stopped working and he's the breadwinner.

View user profile

8 Re: Properties and business on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm

attyLLL

just use your 'secret' ways to find out as intel gathering. you can't use private communication as evidence. philippine law makes all property acquired during marriage as conjugal

View user profile

9 Re: Properties and business on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:14 am

annabu

Arresto Menor
Thanks for the info. Have a nice day!

View user profile

10 Re: Properties and business Today at 10:16 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum