Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how can i repeal our marriage?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 how can i repeal our marriage? on Fri May 04, 2012 3:31 pm


Arresto Menor
hi, i am married in July 2011 and i am 18 yrs.old at that time and my husband is 24 yrs old. after our marriage less than a few months we separated,we don't have child. i can repeal our wedding? how? thanks.

View user profile

2 Re: how can i repeal our marriage? on Fri May 04, 2012 7:24 pm


Arresto Menor
you can either file a case for declaration of nullity of marriage or annulment of marriage.

depending on which ground are you going to choose.

article 45 of the family code provides in summary
marrriage may be annuled on the following grounds

1. non-age or below 18. or you were 18 but there was no paretal consent
2. mental illness
3. fraud
through concealment of the following at the time of the marriage
a.)he was previously jailed
c) STD at the time of marriage
d.)drug addiction, alchoholism, homsexuality

4. consent not freely given
5. impotence
6. incurable STD.

---- meron ba jan???

if not file a case for declaratin of nullity
through article 36 of the family code or

psychological incapacity- this might be your best option
the supreme court has defined this in so many terms but in layman's term it simply means that a married person is incapable of performing marital and family duties.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum