Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

legaly married to a man with a child

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 legaly married to a man with a child on Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm

kadivinagracia

Arresto Menor
Good day. I have been legaly married for 6 years. my husband and has been together since 1996 and it was 2006 that we decided to do it legaly. just this year i have learned that my husband has a daughter with abroad. And the child was born 2 mos before we got married. He kept it as secret to me. His familyknew about it. He told me he kept it as a secret because he was scared i would back out of out wedding. I never knew that he has a daughter. The mother of the child is asking for financial assitance( and im ok with it) but the thing i am not ok is that she want me to accept and recognize her daughter as part of my family and to be recognized by my son as well. And i definately dont want that. Is there anything I can do legally? to my husband and the other girl? I really dont want my son to be involve in these both of use was trick to this situation.

i really need you help.

thanks

View user profile

2 Re: legaly married to a man with a child on Sat May 05, 2012 9:31 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
kadivinagracia wrote:Good day. I have been legaly married for 6 years. my husband and has been together since 1996 and it was 2006 that we decided to do it legaly. just this year i have learned that my husband has a daughter with abroad. And the child was born 2 mos before we got married. I keep it as secret to me and also his family. I never knew that he has a daughter. The mother of the child is asking for financial assitance( and im ok with it) but the thing i am not ok is that she want me to accept and recognize her daughter as part of my family and to be recognized by my son as well. And i definately dont want that. Is there anything I can do legally? to my husband and the other girl? I really dont want my son to be involve in these both of use was trick to this situation.

i really need you help.

thanks

technically we cannot say that your husband committed any crime, because at that time you were still not yet married. If your husband signed on the birth certificate of the child as his acknowledgment, then the mother has the right to ask for financial support. Otherwise your hubby can refuse. And she cannot oblige you to accept the child as your own.

This is just my personal opinion. Let us wait for the reply of atty, he have better knowledge about the matter. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

3 Re: legaly married to a man with a child on Sat May 05, 2012 11:24 pm

attyLLL

you don't have to do anything aside from provide support to the child, and actually only your husband has that obligation.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum