Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Children's Custody

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Children's Custody on Sun May 06, 2012 4:01 am

jeybee

Arresto Menor
Hello Atty, I am seeking for legal advice about my children's custody I hope you can help me. Here is my situation: I am previously married and that marriage is already annulled. Since my husband and I separation which was 4 years ago he never contacted our kids, never showed up to see our kids nor supported them financially. I do not even know his whereabouts. I have moved on from my previous relationship and I am now here in the US for 8 mos. I left my kids with my parents and I am working on getting my kids here. The problem is now that my ex found out about about my kids leaving for the US soon he now wants to get my kids from my parents and wants to stop the kids from leaving. My questions are

1. Can I stop him from getting my kids away from my parents?
2. If yes, what are the legal steps I can make to stop him given that I am outside the country.

Thank you very much for you time in reading my post atty. I really appreciate it. I hope you can help me with my problem

View user profile

2 Re: Children's Custody on Sun May 06, 2012 6:53 pm

attyLLL

what was the basis of your annulment? psycho incapacity?

ask your parents to be strong and refuse to let the children visit him unsupervised. he cannot force to take them without a court order. however, if he files a case, he has better right to custody.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Children's Custody on Sun May 06, 2012 11:57 pm

jeybee

Arresto Menor
Hi atty, yes the basis of my annulment is psycho incapacity.

That is what I am telling my parents and they said they will never let my ex get my kids away from them. Is there anything I can do here in the US or is it possible to ask my parents to go to DSWD or something like that. Thank you very much atty for replying I really appreciate it.

View user profile

4 Re: Children's Custody on Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm

attyLLL

ok, they remain to be the legitimate children of both of you. i recommend you issue written instruments to show that you are giving the care and custody to your parents only temporarily.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Children's Custody Today at 6:27 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum