Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment Procedure to be petitioned by an OFW

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Annulment Procedure to be petitioned by an OFW on Wed May 16, 2012 11:12 pm


Arresto Menor
Hello po.

I got married last year 2000 and my husband and I lived together for less than a year and left him when I became an abused wife. We have a daughter.

We cannot file for an annulment at the time that I left him as we didn't have any money.

Now I'm working as an OFW since 2005 and self-supporting my daughter whose now 11 years of age.

My husband has another family now with 2 sons.

I would like to know what is the procedure on how to file for annulment and what valid reason especially that I'm living abroad? My passport name is under my name and hasn't used my husband's last name eversince. We were separated since 2001 although not legally.

Can anyone please enlighten me? Smile

View user profile


what is important is whether there is a ground for annulment which can be proven. search the forum for 'grounds for annulment'

if there is a ground, the procedure allows even if you are outside the country, but you'll need to come back to testify.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum