Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing the surname of my daughter

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Changing the surname of my daughter on Thu May 17, 2012 11:13 am

Loviefranzhinne

Arresto Menor
Good day po. It's been 2 months since I gave birth and naka-register po sa birth certificate nya is yung surname ng father nya which before is acknowledged sya ng father nya. We're not married. And now naghiwalay na po kami. I had decided na palitan na lng po ng apelyido ko. What are the steps to change the surname of my daughter? Requirements? How much it would cost me and how long would the process take? Thank you so much.

View user profile

2 Re: Changing the surname of my daughter on Thu May 17, 2012 8:08 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, adoption is the best remedy.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Changing the surname of my daughter on Fri May 18, 2012 11:18 am

Loviefranzhinne

Arresto Menor
attyLLL wrote:in my opinion, adoption is the best remedy.

What are the steps in adopting my own daughter and it's requirements? How much it would cost me and how long would the process take? Thank you so much again for your kind reply.

View user profile

4 Re: Changing the surname of my daughter on Sat May 19, 2012 11:03 am

ibonidarna

Reclusion Perpetua
Are you married with another guy? If not in my opinion you cannot use adoption to change your daughter's surname into yours. What cannot be done directly should not be done indirectly.

View user profile

5 Re: Changing the surname of my daughter on Sat May 19, 2012 11:38 am

Loviefranzhinne

Arresto Menor
ibonidarna wrote:Are you married with another guy? If not in my opinion you cannot use adoption to change your daughter's surname into yours. What cannot be done directly should not be done indirectly.

No I am not married with another guy. What should I do to properly change the surname of my daughter?

View user profile

6 Re: Changing the surname of my daughter on Sun May 20, 2012 11:06 am

ibonidarna

Reclusion Perpetua
File a petition for the cancellation of the entry of birth. If granted, late register your daughter under your name.

View user profile

7 Re: Changing the surname of my daughter on Sun May 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Loviefranzhinne

Arresto Menor
ibonidarna wrote:File a petition for the cancellation of the entry of birth. If granted, late register your daughter under your name.

Where should I file this sir? I really have no idea where to start. Thank you.

View user profile

8 Re: Changing the surname of my daughter on Sun May 20, 2012 3:12 pm

ibonidarna

Reclusion Perpetua
Procure the services of a lawyer who will prepare the petition and file the same to the RTC of the place where your child resides.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum