Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child support on Thu May 17, 2012 9:12 pm

dedicated_DAD

Arresto Menor
greetings,
i have a child with a married woman. they were separated then we had a relationship then had our child. she then transferred to one man after another. her relationships never lasted for more than 2 yrs and she is now with her 5th man. whenever she changes man, she lives in with the new one. she is asking me for 7k for support. i only earn 6k a month. she is unemployed, lives in a condo where rent is 20k a month, has a maid, and even has a membership to a gym. i know that i cant afford a custody battle. i had always given support, we split the education expenses of the child, and i get to have the child every weekends. let me also add that since we separated, i almost everyday visit the child. i would like to know how and where we could discuss my rights as well as my child's and how much child support i should give, like in a fiscal's office or dswd. is there such a mediating department of government that handles this? the child is 5 yrs old and as you can see from our situation, this is becoming very confusing for the child. your help is greatly appreciated.

View user profile

2 Re: child support on Sun May 27, 2012 7:57 am

attyLLL

i recommend you give what you can, but actually the law dictates that child's lawful father is her husband because the child was born while she was married.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: child support on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:08 am

dedicated_DAD

Arresto Menor
even if i signed her birth cert as her father? another thing is that in her birth cert, the mother signed it with her maiden name. are there any legal implications due to this? what should i do to make my daughter my daughter under the law?

View user profile

4 Re: child support on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 am

attyLLL

the real husband has to impugn the legitimacy of the child first before you can be legally recognized. if you take legal action and it comes out that she was actually married, your alleged fatherhood will not be given credence.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: child support on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 pm

dedicated_DAD

Arresto Menor
wow this is alarming. thank you very much for all your help. God bless us all...

View user profile

6 Re: child support on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:39 am

attyLLL

work out an arrangement without resorting to go to court. good luck

View user profile

7 Re: child support Today at 6:17 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum