Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

bigamy question

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 bigamy question on Fri May 25, 2012 12:04 am

sager.rob

Arresto Menor
hi,
I would like to clarify something.

My ex wife has divorced me by decree in australia and has so far remarried and divorced 2nd husband and remarried the third. the first divorce that was decreed in australia was in 1983.

Pero di kami divorce dito sa philippines.

I have been living with my partner now since 1985. we went to another provice to get marry with the understanding na divorce na kami ng ex ko as requested ng anak ko so that we can visit her sa Australia na kasama ang partner ko. Ang anak ko po ang nagsabi na divorce na talaga kami dahil divorce na kami doon sa australia. I met someone na nagsabi saken na I just committed bigamy. I obviously want to do the right thing and correct the issue para di po sana ako makulong at nag worry na talaga ako...

ano po ang best option ko sa ganitong situation...

mas mabuti po bang turn myself in sa authoridad...

or pareho kami ng partner ko nag magpunta ng attorney para mag request na annull yon 2nd marriage muna...

ang di ko rin po maintindihan is, kung pareho kaming dalawa ng partner ko yon pupunta para ma anull yon marriage, ay walang respondent sa kaso...

meron po bang way na i-reverse yon marriage dahil 1 month pa lang naman?

Your help will be appreciated...

Sager.rob

View user profile

2 Re: bigamy question on Sun May 27, 2012 7:13 am

attyLLL

what was your wife's citizenship when she filed the petition for divorce?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: bigamy question on Sun May 27, 2012 9:35 am

sager.rob

Arresto Menor
attyLLL wrote:what was your wife's citizenship when she filed the petition for divorce?

thank you for your quick reply.

her citizen was/still is Australian, dual nationality was not allowed during that time.

View user profile

4 Re: bigamy question Today at 4:07 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum