Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how can i petition my ex-wife to america

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 how can i petition my ex-wife to america on Sat May 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Arresto Menor
greetings! i am little confused,hope you could enlighten me. i was a filipino before and also married in the philippines. i came to america and later divorced my wife. i was still a filipino at the time of my divorce. then i marry a second time in the US with another woman but still a filipino then. later i became a US citizen and get my second marriage also divorced. me and my exwife in the philippines reconciled and i want her to come to america for us to be together. they told me that our first marriage was still valid in the phils bec divorced is not recognized there since i was still a filipino when i got the divorced. so i went to the phils and renew my vows to her thru church wedding as a convaidation of our first marriage.then i petitioned her as my spouse but later denied her visa application by US embassy in manila. the consul told her that there's no spousal relationship since i (the petitioner) divorced her so as per american law we are both single. however, she told her to consult an immigration lawyer on how to apply for a fiancee visa. "he can bring you to america and marry there. we can allow that." that is the exact words of the my problem is...yes i will file a fiancee visa...but i am concerned if i should get our marriage in the philippines annuled first? or that would not be necessary since we will marry in the US. but how about when she gets a CENOMAR, it will appear that she's still married to me? and how about her passport? will she change her surname to her maiden name? she has my surname on her passport. will the US embassy allow that? please really confused.our case is very complicated..many thanks...

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum