Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

middle name for correction

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 middle name for correction on Sun May 27, 2012 10:20 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day...Mali po ang nakalagay na middle name sa birth certificate ko. I just found it out noon pong nag aapply ako ng passport sa DFA. Instead of my mother's surname noong dalaga pa siya, ang middle name po niya noong dalaga pa ang nakalagay. Can it be considered a clerical error and corrected under RA9048? Can I file a petition in the nearest Local Civil Registry Office? I was born in Palawan but I am now a resident of Rizal. Can it be treated as a migrant petition? Thank you in advance for your reply..

View user profile

2 Re: middle name for correction on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:09 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
It can no longer be considered a clerical error and thus cannot fall RA9048. The error can be corrected through the filing of a Correction case in court. You will need to file the petition in the city or municipality where the record containing the error to be corrected is kept.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum