Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Inheritance on Mon May 28, 2012 1:52 am

Arresto Menor
Good Day!

My aunt is a spinster and also a lawyer. Somehow, she was able to transfer a substantial part of my grandparent's properties under her name. Unfortunately, she also has all the titles, even the remaining lands whose titles are not under her name. Now that she is 83 years old (and still quite strong)she told me that my cousins and i included will not get a single cent from her because she will donate everything in a foundation (which is also backed up by her will) she has created. Mind you, this foundation is not even for a good cause. Its main objective is to preserve and maintain her assets (such as rest house etc... and we are not allowed to use it too!!!). Given my predicament, here are some of my priority questions:

1. Do we have a law that states a certain portion/fraction of the estate should be given to the nearest kin ones the person dies? If yes, how much?
2. Unfortunately she outlived all her brothers and sisters, so me and my cousins are clueless on the specific details of the lands and assets that our grandparents own. Though we know for example that they own properties in manila, cavite etc. My question is, Is there a database where i can search for the aggregate land holdings of my grandparents so i can request for the certified true copy of these titles in the register of deeds?
3. Can the foundation still be dissolved when she already passes? If yes, what are the grounds?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum