Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

transferring educational plan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 transferring educational plan on Wed May 30, 2012 12:08 am


Arresto Menor
Hi, I am a plan holder of an educational plan and this plan is already due.

I am permanently living out of the country and I would like to transfer the educational plan to my sister in the Philippines. I purchased the plan when I was still single, but now I am married, so my name was already changed.

I would ask what right document I need to present. My sister always tells me that the insurance needs SPA.

I have worked at Legal for quite long and that I know SPA is just authorizing someone to act on my behalf.

I am thinking an Affidavit proving that I am the person whose maiden name written on the plan is the same person who is using my married name now. then, just mentioning that I am voluntarily transferring the educational plan to my sister. Aside from that the insurance will send me a transfer form for me to sign it.

I am right that I need Affidavit not SPA? what if the insurance insist that they need SPA despite that I told them that I am willing to transfer it to my sister, so I will not have problem on check. if transferred to my sister, the check will be on her name already and easy for her to cash it.

Please help me on this matter.

View user profile

2 Re: transferring educational plan on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:09 pm


inquire with the educ plan company what their requirements are

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum