Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pay witheld with services already rendered without a written contract

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

I've been working at a company for 11 months as a contractual worker with no contract. I recently resigned and my boss and I agreed for a four day notice to turnover my work. On the second day, he told me that he will hold my pay until he is convinced that the turnover was done properly. The pay covers services rendered from april 16 - may 15 and pay out is the end of the month. Also, what he's asking of the complete turnover is not doable within the alloted 4 days.

Does my boss have the right to do this? Is it also true that an employee is mandated to do 30 days notice even if the employee has no written contract?

View user profile


30 days notice is necessary, but you should be paid as long as you are working

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum