Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to use my deposit without paying the 500 increase they made after six months

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good day atty.

Last 2008 we rent a small commercial space for 4000/mo. We give 1 mo deposit and 2 mo advance with a total of 12,000. I signed a two years contract with them, after that I still continue renting and occupying the space without the existing contract.

In the contract, there will have 500 peso increase in the rent after six months. Is this legal?

I entered Sept. 2008. So in April 2009, six months to be exact I am already paying the rent to 4500.

The problem is I want to use my deposit without paying the 500 increase they made after six months but they want me to add the 500 pesos deficit every month in my rental deposit. Is it legal?

What are the necessary means to do to if it is not right?

Please advise sir. Thank you in advance.

View user profile


yes, it is legal and you have the right to reject it by moving out

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile


Arresto Menor
Thank you sir. That's all I want to know.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum