Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child financial support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child financial support on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 am

jroliver

Arresto Menor
Hi! I'm Jexxxxxver, just register tonight because I badly need advice about my problem.

After graduating from college I had a son and he was acknowledged by his father. We planned to get married after giving birth but because of personal issues it didn’t happened. For more than a year he did not give financial support to our son. Maybe, he realized something so he was able to reach me and give financial support, but when he had new girlfriend it stopped again. When they broke up he again reached me and give support. For now he’s been giving support for 2 years. But our share to our son’s expense wasn’t equal. Before its ok, I just think that at least he’s helping. But unfortunately I learned that he has another child to other woman. Maybe 5 months old. I just want to secure my son. I’m not sure of what type of woman the other one is, or I don’t know what will be their set up. But worst comes worst and the woman demand for a support, it might affect the financial support he can give to my son. I just want to have legal paper/s on his financial support. What’s on my mind is to make a letter or affidavit of financial support and we sign and a witness from my side and on his side then have it notarized. Can it be considered as legal? In case he failed to give can I use it as evidence if we put it into court? I’m in a low budget that’s why I’m thinking of other options that will not cost me much but legal. Please help and guide me. Thanks in advance.

View user profile

2 Re: Child financial support on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:17 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
jroliver wrote:Hi! I'm Jexxxer, just register tonight because I badly need advice about my problem.

After graduating from college I had a son and he was acknowledged by his father. We planned to get married after giving birth but because of personal issues it didn’t happened. For more than a year he did not give financial support to our son. Maybe, he realized something so he was able to reach me and give financial support, but when he had new girlfriend it stopped again. When they broke up he again reached me and give support. For now he’s been giving support for 2 years. But our share to our son’s expense wasn’t equal. Before its ok, I just think that at least he’s helping. But unfortunately I learned that he has another child to other woman. Maybe 5 months old. I just want to secure my son. I’m not sure of what type of woman the other one is, or I don’t know what will be their set up. But worst comes worst and the woman demand for a support, it might affect the financial support he can give to my son. I just want to have legal paper/s on his financial support. What’s on my mind is to make a letter or affidavit of financial support and we sign and a witness from my side and on his side then have it notarized. Can it be considered as legal? In case he failed to give can I use it as evidence if we put it into court? I’m in a low budget that’s why I’m thinking of other options that will not cost me much but legal. Please help and guide me. Thanks in advance.

What you are planning is correct. You can state there the actual needs of your child (food, shelter, clothing and don’t forget school expenses and emergencies). But also , you need to consider his capacity to provide, do not over demand. Remember that he has another child from another woman and definitely she will also ask for child support.

View user profile

3 Re: Child financial support on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:57 am

jroliver

Arresto Menor
Thank you for your quick response. But where can I get the affidavit of financial support form?

View user profile

4 Re: Child financial support on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:11 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
jroliver wrote:Thank you for your quick response. But where can I get the affidavit of financial support form?

for the letter/affidavit, you can ask a lawyer to prepare it for you. it will not cost you that much.

View user profile

5 Re: Child financial support on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 pm

jroliver

Arresto Menor
ok..thank you again and God bless you and your family.

View user profile

6 Re: Child financial support Today at 12:04 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum