Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not married, with kids. The mother of the kids has another guy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cjlm01

Arresto Menor
My friend (J) has two kids (11 & 14) with a woman (M). They are not married, but they have stayed together for 15 years.

Since December of 2011, M has seen another guy. The kids are hurt and traumatized. J wants to take the kids away. Should J (in the presence of a public official, police and another witness) just have her kids tell their M that they don't want to be with her anymore, and want to go with J? Can they leave without any legal repercussions against J?

I'm scared for my friend since M could easily hurt herself or be hurt by someone, and tell everybody that she was physically attacked by J. The problem is, M could conveniently say that J has a motive to hurt her because of what she is doing.

The in-laws are getting involved, as well. Can J do something for the in-laws to stop intruding their affairs.

Thank you.

View user profile

ibonidarna

Reclusion Perpetua
Are the kids recognized/acknowledged by the father?

Is it shown in the birth certificates?

View user profile

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
cjlm01 wrote:My friend (J) has two kids (11 & 14) with a woman (M). They are not married, but they have stayed together for 15 years.

Since December of 2011, M has seen another guy. The kids are hurt and traumatized. J wants to take the kids away. Should J (in the presence of a public official, police and another witness) just have her kids tell their M that they don't want to be with her anymore, and want to go with J? Can they leave without any legal repercussions against J?

I'm scared for my friend since M could easily hurt herself or be hurt by someone, and tell everybody that she was physically attacked by J. The problem is, M could conveniently say that J has a motive to hurt her because of what she is doing.

The in-laws are getting involved, as well. Can J do something for the in-laws to stop intruding their affairs.

Thank you.

illegitimate children shall be under the parental authority of their mother.

View user profile

cjlm01

Arresto Menor
ibonidarna - Yes, J is recognized by everyone that they know. His name is also in both birth certificates.

concepab - even if the 2 kids are already 11 and 14 years old, they would still go to the mom? Can't they choose already?

View user profile

attyLLL

if they are not married, then only the mother has the right to custody and parental authority. if j wants custody, he should be prepared for an uphill legal battle and it is his burden to prove that the children are in a dangerous situation so that he can be awarded custody

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum