Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

do i have a case??

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 do i have a case?? on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:51 am

Arresto Mayor
good day po atty. i would like to know what my chances are coz i would like to file a case of unjust vexation & slander against my neighbor, i have 2 of my friends as witnesses that he told those bad things against me.

The problem is my 2 friends doesn't want to make a sworn affidavit coz they are afraid that my neighbor which is a rich man might sue them for meddling in other people's affair.

So i would like to know that even without their sworn affidavits, could I still file a case against my neighbor? and say that two of my friends told me that he said those bad things against me.

View user profile

2 Re: do i have a case?? on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 am

Reclusion Perpetua
For the slander case to prosper, you have to present witness(es) that would testify that your neighbor uttered slanderous words. If you cant ask your friends to do so, look for other witnesses. For you to testify that your friends told you what your neighbor told them would be considered as hearsay and inadmissible as evidence.

For unjust vexation, you could file the case if your it will be based on other acts where you have first hand knowledge. However, if it will be based on the first paragraph, in my opinion it would not prosper.

View user profile

3 re on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:05 am

Arresto Mayor
if ever i get to convince one of them to make a sworn affidavit, but ayaw naman nya mag witness in court; do i still a case miski sworn affidavit lang ang ebidencya ko??

View user profile

4 Re: do i have a case?? Today at 7:45 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum