My gf was married to her then bf about 10 years ago because she got pregnant. About 4 years ago, after having two more kids, she and her husband decided to part ways. 2 years ago I met her and decided that we live together. Her ex now has his own gf. The four of us (who are in good speaking terms)are contemplating on making things legal, i.e. either they will go for nullity or annulment of their marriage. However, the guy has very little means, currently jobless, and, therefore, the burden of getting things done now falls on me and my gf, especially that we both already want to get married and build our own family. When I asked for their marriage documents and the circumstances, here are the things I found out:
1. The license was obtained in Imus, Cavite and the wedding took place in the office of the solemnizing officer in Sta. Mesa, Manila.
2. The solemnizing officer was a pastor who represented a church with which not one of them is a member. According to the SO Information System website of the OCR-NSO, the SO registry effectivity of the solemnizing officer is from 01/01/2003 to 12/31/2005. The ceremony took place 11/23/2002.
3. The marriage certificate was released from Manila City Hall.
4. My gf at that time was undecided but only cooperated up til the wedding ceremonies. but didn't lift a finger to participate in facilitating the wedding. She actually didn't attend the "reception" which followed a day after the wedding ceremony.
5. NSO has a copy of their marriage certificate (complete with a license number)
Is there a ground for voiding the marriage especially given the facts in #2 & 4? Or should we go for annulment?