Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sick Leave will not be credited if no medical certificate provided

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
I work for a call center and I have both sick and leave credits accumulated. Last week I had a Gout attack and my foot was swollen so I was not able to go to work for 2 days since I had to take medication to make the swelling go down.

I have had Gout for a few years now, and have medication when it occurs prescribed by a doctor before, I did inform my supervisor as well as workforce beforehand that I will not be able to report because of said ailment.

After 2 days I was back to work, and filed those 2 days as sick leave, they will not credit it as sick leave because I do not have a medical certificate from an accredited hospital for my absence. This is gout, treatable from home since I have the medication, can they force me to provide a medical certificate for it? They will tag me as absent accompanied most probably with a sanction. Need your assistance.

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

View user profile

i find it a reasonable requirement to require a medical certificate. this is one situation where compliance is easier than resistance

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum