Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child support

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child support on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:23 pm


Arresto Menor
hi, need some advise on whats best to do in this matter.
My husband and I separated 6 years ago, 2006, ( he had extra marital affairs and had 2 children) our son was 9 years old then.
His financial support continued for less than a year, then discontinued it when he resigned from his job and tried his luck to apply and wait for a work abroad. I was working abroad already when he resigned from his job. I left our son under the care of my family.
I assumed all the financial responsibilities for our son from then on, he asked for understanding coz he didn't have work, and promised me once he gets a new job he will help me with our son's financial needs.
2009 he landed a job abroad, and up until now, but since then he never have given any financial support for our son.
Several times i asked him, but he always had excuses.
My son and I are now living abroad, he is continuing his high school studies here with me.
My question, what legal action can i do, or is there any legal action i can do to make him fulfill his financial duties and obligations to our son?
Where or what office or department will I go to re this matter?
Can i make alegal action thru our embassy where i am situated right now?
A friend once told me, that I can try to make complain or report regarding this issue in POEA and POEA can do some legal actions for the child support i was asking or worst he can be deported back to Phils? Is there any truth to this?
What is best to do?

View user profile

2 Re: child support on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 pm


an actual case may not prosper because you and your child don't actually reside in the philippines anymore. there would be territorial issues.

try sending a complaint through owwa. they sometimes contact the other party for you

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum