Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer won't SSS Maternity Benefit in full and on time

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

I'm new user in this forum. I am about to give birth in 3 mos with my second baby. I already submitted my MAt1 notification like almost 2 mos ago and I have not received my maternity benefit check yet which is supposedly Php 30k. I followed this up with our HR personnel and she told me that they won't release the check yet until right before I take my mat leave which is on or before Sept. 20. They also told me that they only release 30% of the total benefit and the other 70% will only be given after I give birth or upon my return to work. Aren't these violation of :

For employed members -[i] the benefit is advanced by the employer to the qualified employee, [b]in full, within 30 days from the date of filing of the maternity leave application.[/b] The SSS, in turn, shall immediately reimburse the employer 100 percent of the amount of maternity benefit advanced to the female employee upon receipt of satisfactory proof of such payment and legality thereof.[/i]

What can you advice for me to do in order to compel my employer to advance to me my mat benefit in full?

Thanks in advance.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Hi Happymom08,

Your HR is correct in saying that your check will be release only before you take your leave. It is too early for now because you mentioned that you will take your leave on or before Sept. 20. However, your employer shall advance your maternity benefit in full. It should not be on installment basis.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum